Definition and function of cookies
What are cookies?, Cookies are small files that some platforms, such as web pages, can install on your computer. Its functions can be very varied: store your browsing preferences, collect statistical information, allow certain technical features … Sometimes, cookies are used to store basic information about the browsing habits of the user or his team, to the point, according to the cases, of being able to recognize it.
Because they are important?
Cookies are useful for several reasons. From a technical point of view, they allow web pages to work more agile and adapted to your preferences, such as storing your language or the currency of your country. In addition, help those responsible for websites to improve their services, thanks to the statistical information they collect through them. Finally, they serve to make more efficient the advertising that we show you, thanks to which we can offer you our services for free.
What types of cookies does this website use?
- Own cookies: Are those that we send to your computer or terminal from our website.
- Third party cookies: Those that are sent to your computer or terminal from a domain or web page that is not managed by us, but by another entity that treats the data obtained through cookies.
- Session Cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while you access our website.
- Persistent Cookies: They are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and treated during a certain period of time, and can range from a few minutes to several years.
- Analysis Cookies: Those that are well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of our website. For this we analyze the navigation on our website in order to improve the offer of products or services we offer.
- Advertising cookies: are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces on our website based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which the ads are displayed or based on the behavior of the users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display the advertising based on it.
How can I configure them?
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of your Internet browser. Here’s how:
- For more information about the Firefox browser from here: http://support.mozilla.org/es/products/firefox/cookies
- For more information about the Chrome browser from here: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- For more information about the Explorer browser from here: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- For more information about the Safari browser from here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
- For more information about the Opera browser from here: http://help.opera.com/Windows/12.00/es-ES/cookies.html